Man Dismembers Grandparents in Raciąż; Father Previously Killed Mother

A 29-year-old man killed and dismembered his elderly grandparents in Raciąż on February 18 after reporting his crimes to emergency services.

Murder in Raciąż. Police Detain Man

Gazeta Wyborcza established that the incident occurred on Wednesday, February 18, in Raciąż (Płoński county, Mazowieckie voivodeship). Around 22:40, a 29-year-old man called the Emergency Notification Center (112) and reported that he had killed two people, then provided the address of the house. When police arrived, they discovered the bodies of a 72-year-old woman and an 86-year-old man. It is not excluded that they were his grandparents.

Police Investigation

Police established that the 29-year-old was sober. The man was detained and transported to the Płońsk County Police Station. The investigation is in its initial stage, and the prosecutor’s office has 48 hours from the moment of detention to decide on further proceedings, which is why no charges have yet been brought against the suspect. However, it is known that he may be interrogated on Thursday or Friday at the Płońsk District Prosecutor’s Office.

Dismemberment Details

According to unofficial reports from Onet, 29-year-old Aleksander G. probably inflicted numerous cuts on his grandparents, and later dismembered their bodies and placed them in different places in the house. Parts were reportedly found in the basement. The suspect may have used an axe, machete, or cleaver for this.

Difficult Family Past

Press spokesperson for the Płock District Prosecutor’s Office, Prosecutor Bartosz Maliszewski, in an interview with ‘Wyborcza,’ confirmed information given by TVN24, according to which the 29-year-old’s father is serving a 25-year prison sentence for brutal murder. In 2019, he had reportedly stopped his 42-year-old wife’s car, smashed the window with an axe, hit her in the head, and then set her body on fire. The reason was said to be jealousy. According to Onet’s findings, Aleksander G. later experienced trauma and received psychiatric treatment.

Previous Reporting

The incident was previously reported in the article ‘He Called 112 and Said He Had Killed. Two Bodies Were Found in the House.’

Previous Article

Municipalities Get Reprieve as 2025 Recycling Targets Lowered

Next Article

Hołownia Publicly Defends Pełczyńska but Privately Regrets Decision